Wishing you all Happy Holidays filled with food, family, and love. Happy Holidays!
Whole food recipes. Family food recipes and food Blog. Fresh ingredients. For the joy of Cooking and Getting together.
Fall in Colorado. What's there to say? It's absolutely heaven on earth. Seeing the aspen leaves turn shades of gold and covering the mountainside is one of the most surreal and beautiful things on the planet. Simply brilliant. Growing up in south Georgia where seasons consist of hot and less hot with a few cold snaps thrown in during the winter months, we grew accustom to fall and spring being short lived and always fading too quickly. In an attempt to soak up as much as we can of this natural beauty, Kate whipped up this simple pasta salad, I grabbed one of my favorite fall ales and my camera. We went out into the mountains to take in an afternoon of serenity and mind-blowing beauty, enjoying every moment of this beautiful gift from mother nature.
Simple Pasta Salad
Prep: 20min. / Cook: 10-15min. / Serves: 4
- 2+cups dry Fusilli pasta- cooked until tender
- 8 onces Kalamata olives- pitted and diced
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper- cut in half, seeds and membrane removed, diced
- 6+ onces artichoke hearts- diced
- 4-6 ounces feta cheese- crumbled
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup white vinegar
- 1 lemon- seeds removed and juiced
- 2+ Tablespoons fresh oregano- stems removed and minced
- 1/4-1/2 cup flat leaf parsley- stems removed and finely chopped
- 2+ Tablespoons fresh rosemary- stems removed and minced
- 2+ Tablespoons fresh thyme- stems removed and minced
- 1 garlic clove- minced
- 1+ Tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper to taste
Boil pasta about 10 minutes, until it is soft and tender; then, drain water from pasta. Mix in yellow and red bell peppers, olives, artichoke hearts and feta cheese. In a separate boil, combine extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, honey, rosemary, thyme, flat leaf parsley, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper; mix ingredients well. Finally, pour herbed dressing over pasta and toss together until all ingredients are well combined. Serve and enjoy!